A popular choice for Black History Month in October, our African Drumming workshops will take your pupils deep into the heart and rhythm of Africa!
Twist, turn, jump, crawl, and learn how to move your body to the energetic beats of Africa! Learn about African harvest, tribes and ancient culture through our bodies. What makes African dance? How is African dance used today? And are there different styles across Africa?
Your class will…
Option 1 : We can work four classes across the school day, each class (maximum 35 pupils) working for one hour long session.
Option 2 : If you want to work towards a dance to perform at the end of the day, then we can work with two classes for around two hours each, and end the day with a short sharing session to their peers, or if you wanted parents.
This workshop includes props and accessories to aid learning
"Here are some reflections the children have made after the Dance Africa Workshop:
- It was an amazing experience, I felt happy to do it!
- African dance its amazing how hip hop and other music originated from Africa.
- We learnt a lot while doing the dance, there's always a story behind the harvest and it is very important.
- Harvest dance moves come from the process of harvest dance is part of their culture
- I was bursting with energy and the African dance made me think about music more.
- I would love to do it again and again and again.
We had an amazing Day! Thanks for coming to visit us!"
Primary School in Somerset