November 15, 2013
Can You Hear The Sound Of BRAZIL?! Culture Workshops For The World Cup
Here at One Day, our team are warming up for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. But rather than squats, push-ups and laps, we are shaking it to the sounds of Brazilian Samba drums instead!
Rock School UK is another fantastic partner company of ours. It is this loud, proud and drum-tastic team who we work with in order to bring schools our ever-popular Brazilian Samba Drumming workshops.
With the months of June and July already almost at capacity, this is set to be an extremely popular project for the summer term – and not just for your pupils. We have already delivered quite a few after-school sessions for teachers and governors too!
In these Brazilian Samba Drumming workshops, your pupils will:
- Learn about the history of Samba drumming and its role in Brazilian culture
- Take part in warm-up sessions based around musical rhythms
- Learn how to play a selection of Samba Drums and percussion instruments such as Surdos, Diembesl Agogo Bells, Tambourims, Jam Blocs and Timbales
- Investigate various traditional Samba rhythms and create their own brand new rhythms
- Take part in a group performance (if desired), incorporating solos and team work
Needless to say, this project is fantastic for confidence building and memory retention.
Another popular choice for summer is our One Day Dance project Dance Carnival Brazil. Many schools choose to book a day for each project. In fact, a couple of schools are having the projects in on the same day, working with different pupils and then marrying up the music with the dance for the final performance!
Book now and watch your pupils learn about the culture of Brazil, whilst experimenting and playing on new and exciting instruments. Close your eyes for just one second, and you may just feel as though you are stood in the middle of Rio de Janeiro Carnival!