January 23, 2014
E-Safety! Follow-up work & win a workshop!
We are really pleased to be working with Schools Broadband on a fantastic E-Safety competition for schools. This competition gives you the chance to win a One Day E-Safety workshop for your school. There is one prize for primary schools and one for secondary, with each workshop tailored accordingly to each level.
To enter, all you have to do is get your pupils to design a poster that can be put up in your school to let others know how to keep themselves safe online. The poster can be on A4 or A3 sized paper and can be hand-drawn or produced digitally. Some themes that students could cover in their posters are:
• Can you be sure that the person you’re talking to online really is who they say they are?
• Be careful about the amount of personal information and the photographs that you share online
• Only use websites that your parents or teachers have said are safe
• Know how to block and report messages from those who have scared or worried you
• Understand that what you say online can often be read by many people, not just your friends
The winner of the best poster will have theirs printed and this will be sent out with our summer term issue of Connected. To enter, you can send your posters by post or these can be scanned and sent via email to email@example.com. If you choose to email your entries, please keep the originals as we will need a paper copy of the winning poster to be able to print it for distribution.
Alternatively you can send these by post to: One Day Competition, Schools Broadband, Talk Straight Ltd, Suite 4, Dalesway House, Ilkley, West Yorkshire, LS29 9LA. The closing date is Friday 28th February 2014.